We relaunched the JP54 “Notre Méditerranée – Ville de Nice” last week with its new decoration. I really like it !
It was also the end of two and a half months of intense work during which we have put the boat in single-handed configuration.
The main innovations :
- We installed new sources of energy: solar panels and a new engine.
- We changed our compass for a new model usually used in aviation, which should provide impeccable handling.
- We fitted longer rudders to prevent yawings.
- We upgraded the winches and downhaul to manual rather than hydraulic versions, as this is the rule for the Route du Rhum.
- Finally, we have completely checked, reassembled, or replaced all the equipment of the JP54 "Notre Méditerranée - Ville de Nice". Thank you to the whole team for that.
I'm now going to step up my pace of preparation for the Route du Rhum with a program that will be made up of offshore sailing, physical training and public relations: I'm going to take our partners sailing.
Many thanks to them for supporting me. I can't wait to be on the ocean on my own now !
See you very soon and if you want to know more about my project, click on the link to subscribe to my newsletter .